Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inspiration for MATEO BIJOUX 09 Collection

Inspiration for MATEO BIJOUX'09 collection

On a routine trip to Milan, I sat front row, just seats away from all the fashion gods at the Versace Spring 09 show. A packed venue, models, celebrities, photographers, editors and "no-bodies" all waited anxiously for the show to begin. Non-the-less after the usual late start, the room became dark, music escalating or should i say music pumping from the past, "catch me if you can".
My favorite model Natasha Poly, first girl out in a black number, the hair in a strong yet feminine pony-tail. As she walked my stretch of the cat walk i noticed this heart made with industrial zippers. oh la la !!!

What a combination i thought to my self. This hard industrial zipper was used to make a soft and delicate heart, what an oxymoron?

I was inspired beyond my wildest imagination. Why not turn zippers in to necklaces and add bold pendants. What a genius idea. Hence the start of Mateo Bijoux first collection of sterling silver jewelry ..... to be continued

Watch the Versace Spring 09 show.

Bisous





MATEO BIJOUX

1 comment: